12.30.2012

New Year's Eve NOTD

 New Year's Eve Nail Of The Day: 12.31.12

Did you just decide to do something for New Year's Eve? So now you are scrambling trying to find the perfect outfit, a good hair look, nice makeup, and cute nails? Well if that sounds familiar, I can help you with part of it. Every girl wants to have cute nails for NYE, but some of the designs I have seen look really complicated, and no one has time to fuss with that! 

 Here are the only supplies you need, along with nail polish remover, if you have any nail polish already on your nails or just in case it gets a little messy. You can use any silver nail polish you have, along with a glitter top coat. My top coat is from Forever 21, and I am not sure if you can still buy this exact one anymore. But I am sure they have different colors of glitter nail polish still available, so you can find the perfect one to match your outfit! Also, I know Revlon has a couple cute chunky glitter polishes out at the moment, and so does Deborah Lippmann if you want to go a little pricier.

 Paint 1-2 coats of whatever silver polish you have onto your nails. I am using Sally Hansen's Colo Quick nail brush in silver. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, as it can get messy sometimes, but I LOVE the outcome!
 Here is a close up of the finished look! I think it turned out pretty cute, and I haven't seen anyone else wearing a similar NYE nail look yet!
This morning I went outside and took one last picture of them in different lighting just in case it turned out better. Very glittery!
And in case you were wondering, this is what the silver looks like by itself before you add the glitter top coat! The lighting did get a little messed up in this picture though, but you can still see the color and how pretty it is even by itself! 

What are you wearing on your nails for NYE? And what are you doing for NYE? Tell me in the comments! 

xo, Scarlett



30 comments:

  1. Adorable! Gave me a lot of inspiration~

    Xoxo,
    Melanie

    www.melanie627627.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. tiaswayxo.blogspot.comDecember 30, 2012 at 3:35 PM

    This is really nice...I am wearing silver and black for my NYE outfit and never thought of changing my colors but this inspired me. Take a look at my outfit and let me know if the glitter polish would be ok with it. (not overdone?)


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the combo! Although I'm not a big fan of Sally Hansen polishes. Thanks for sending me your link during the #bbloggers chat :) xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm the typical leave everything to the last minute kinda girl, so this was really useful :D
    x


    www.thefashionseason.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really pretty glitter! I love F21 polishes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the glitter but I have to say I could easily wear just the silver as well! Happy New Year!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This adds that new year glam look Scarlett! :)

    Happy new year 2013 ahead! :)

    ★❤ Check out my new post! (^_^) ❤★
    Holiday Glam Look and a Happy New Year 2013 to All!
    Check out my colleague Erelyn's holiday glam look for the holidays and the new year 2013 to come!

    Giveaways!!! Ending Dec. 31! (^_^) ♡
    Chai's December Birthday Bash - 1st Giveaway!
    ★ #ChaiChenGiveaways ★ (International)

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these - need that glitter polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely nailart..:D
    xoxo,
    http://anastasiagoenawan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, I am glad! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Link? And it is hard to have too much glitter on NYE! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really? Sally Hansen is definitely one of my favorite nail polish brands! what's your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad it helped you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! They definitely have some unique stuff, and the quality isn't bad for $2.80!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! And I agree... but I just wanted to add a little something else in addition! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope you have a great year too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! The only bad thing is sometimes it can be a pain to get off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are beautiful! Great nail idea! Happy new year Scarlett!


    www.vintagelillies.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful nail color and design! happy holidays!

    enjoy your new years eve :D

    xx

    ellie

    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. fun lovely nails!

    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Japanese Manga artist; Hirohiko Araki has created an exclusive Manga (Japanese comic strip) story that will bring the windows of Gucci worldwide direct store networks to life in January and February...

    Read More - http://www.stylerug.net/guccis-comic-adventure/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks 4 your message on IFB, dear :) like your blog ;)
    would u like to follow each other?
    kisses,
    http://keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.com
    Facebook-www.facebook.com/keepitstylishandsexy

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks Francesca! happy new year to you too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow your nails look amazing! Such a great idea!

    Rosy x

    http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the comment on ifb...nice nails!

    i followed you via gfc

    Check my blog:http://zoiloves.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey I got your link from Twitter, really nice post I love sparkly nails! Following! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty combination!x

    http://lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete