1.02.2013

Get Fit With Scarlett- Zumba

Hey guys! So I hope you all have had a great start to 2013! But if you are like most people, one of your resolutions is to get fit! Today I am going to talk about my love for Zumba! And tell you guys how you can start too.
 Motivational Fitness Quotes
Chances are, you have at least heard of zumba. It is pretty much a little dance routine that gets your heart pumping! It is SO much fun to do with friends, and there are so many different songs to choose from.
Now the first option is to go to your local gym. I know my local YMCA does Zumba classes on a regular basis, and I have gone to a couple. But it isn't that close to my house, and in the winter it is hard to motivate myself to go to the gym, since you have to step out into the freezing cold to get there. But it is so much fun to go there with friends and just workout and laugh together and have a great time! So I would recommend looking into local zumba classes, especially if you have a fitness club near you!
Next, I am going to talk about my favorite option, which is doing it at home. Sometimes I get a friend or two to come over and do it with me, but a lot of times I just workout by myself, in my house. Now you could go out and buy a zumba DVD and workout to that, but I have found some great ones on youtube that I put into a playlist and do. Here are some of my favorites:
 
 here we go....summer of 2013 ;)
 
I also really like the Tone It Up girls on Youtube for just general fitness. I know they have a set you can buy and I heard it really is helpful, so you  might want to check that out as well!

What is your favorite way to workout at home? Tell me in the comments! Also, I made a fitness board on Pinterest, so check it out for more ideas if you are interested!

31 comments:

  1. Really great post! I love the idea of doing Zumba but have never got round to joining a class because of being busy with work etc. I'll definitely be giving the YouTube video's a go at home :D

    x

    www.thefashionseason.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets see... what exercises do i do at home... i guess i use weights for my arms and sides. some Brazilian exercising videos for the legs and butt. and play tennis, walk my dog.. uhh, thats about it. im lazy :)


    happy new year!

    xoxo Sarah
    www.xliciousgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love zumba :D really :)

    Happy New Year, dear :)

    xx

    ellie

    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zumba is fun. For me I can not work out at home I have to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to do Zumba! It looks like so much fun :)
    alysalovely.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I love to try Zumba too! :)
    This new year, I wish to get slimmer haha! I wish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such good work out inspiration!! Definitely want to try zumba! www.fashionifancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought to just download it... what a great idea! I miss dancing so this might just be perfect!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dancing! I think dancing is the best exercise!! kisses http://trendytips-trendygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Scarlett! It's great to see you on here. I was happy when I got your message on IFB =D Anyways, you have a fantastic blog here. I really enjoyed reading this post! I've actually never tried zumba before, but I'll definitely make sure to check it out! I actually have a fitness segment on my blog too! I like doing workout videos like Insanity and ripped in 30 =) i'm your newest follower on google (#555), bloglovin and twitter (as sensiblestylist). I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow too! =)

    xoxo
    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the post i could really use some motivation now for getting fit again <3
    would you like to follow each other?

    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love zumba - it's the best way to work out and HAVE FUN!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been actually contemplating on taking Zumba classes. I've gained a lot of weight. I need to shed some pounds off :( I hope you're having a wonderful new year!

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love rumba- it is a fun way of exercising! Thanks for your sweet message on

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips! I tried zumba once, it was fun but I think I prefer pilates. Also, there is a youtuber who does pilates and yoga videos (blogilates) and I love her videos. I will check out the tone it up girls on youtube! :)


    www.vintagelillies.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you! glad to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard the Brazilian exercises are really good...I will have to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! someone else who loves it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad you have found what works for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. it really is! Especially if you do it with a friend or two!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! I am glad I inspired you to try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. it is definitely the most fun anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thank you so much! I have heard those are good workout videos as well... I will have to try them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  26. glad to help motivate you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. definitely try it then! It really helps keep me in shape AND it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. no problem with that! whatever works for you... and thanks for the recommendation... I will have to take a look soon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for finding me on IFB! This is a great post - i fact I consider buying a crosstrainer for home - that on the long term will safe a lot of money that would have been used up for some Gym membership.
    Find me here: www.theflamboyante.com
    Best, Nadine

    ReplyDelete