2.12.2013

BabyLips Swatches!

Looking for the perfect lip balm for Valentine's Day? I recommend trying out Maybelline Babylips! You can find them at most drugstores and at Ulta. I don't own them all, but I do like the ones I own!  Take a look at these swatches and see which one best suites you!


Grape Vine, Personally, I love this one so much! The flavor is okay, but the color is what I love. It is very easy to build up to a darker purple color, or just to have as a light tinted lip balm depending on the occasion. I will definitely repurchase as soon as I run out of it!
 Peach Kiss. I have to say that this one is my least favorite out of all the ones I have tried, but I only bought it a month ago so I guess I should give it a fair chance! The color just does not suit my skin color that well, but perhaps once I am tanner in the summer it will work better. The flavor also doesn't stand out to me too much, just a subtle hint of peach!
 Pink Punch. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with this Babylips! I really love the flavor and the color is gorgeous as soon as you apply it! Definitely adds a pop of pink! But I find after a few hours any sheen that was once there is completely gone, and the color also wears off in certain places. Overall, I would recommend trying it out and seeing what you think... and I will be repurchasing it once I am out.
Aren't the caps adorable?!
Okay so from left to right it is Grape Vine, Pink Punch, and then Peach Kiss each swatched just once. Then, going in the same order, I swatched them multiple times to show how you can make the color bolder.
Here I showed at Grape Vine is definitely more glossy than Pink Punch or Peach Kiss. I have noticed Peach Kiss has a little shimmer in it, so be aware of that before you purchase! It isn't too much though. And you can see that Pink Punch has a little gloss to it, but not very much. I have found that only putting on coat on, and then putting a gloss on top makes it much more wearable! If you noticed, I didn't really show the Peppermint flavor, because it is just a clear lip balm. But as you can see, I have already repurchased it because I used up the first one so quickly and loved it!

Do you own any Babylips? Which one should I buy next? Tell me in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. I love these! I really want to try it :)
    xoxo,
    alysalovely.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try it so badly but it's not available in my country yet..

    xx MJ

    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so badly want to try these but I live in the UK so they're not available :(


    sarahsbeautyemporium.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have so many of them. haha. i saw these at my local drugstore and i was about to buy one, but then i decided that i should do some more research first to see if it was worth the money. but yea, i've only seen good things about this project. i'll have to check it out now.

    xoxo Sarah
    www.xliciousgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your review. I have to say the packaging is just too fun!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love baby lips. Pink Punch is my favourite but Cherry Me Red is so nice too x

    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw I'm sorry! Definitely check them out once they are available!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry! I wish I could send all my readers ones to try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I definitely love them! pick one up next time you see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! And isn't it? I knew I had to show that part in the review as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh I haven't tried Cherry Me Red yet, mainly because I don't like red lipsticks on myself. But, I will have to take a look at it!

    ReplyDelete