8.30.2013

Scalloped Nail Tutorial!


 
 Recently I attempted to do a scalloped nail tutorial, and I actually love how it turned out!

 First I started with Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac as my base color.


The next step is to pick a second color that matches. I chose Coral Reef by Sally Hansen. Then paint a stripe up one side of the nail. Go to the middle and start a little higher and paint another stripe up. Lastly, start a little higher and paint a stripe up the other side. Your stripes should be wide enough that they overlap to create a solid color.

 
Lastly, I chose Revlon's Gold Rush and did the exact same thing. I think it turned out really well, and I can't wait to try it again in a few weeks with autumn nail colors! 

Have you tried scalloped nails? What color combo would you use? Tell me in the comments! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Nicola Young (curlandpearls)August 30, 2013 at 2:56 AM

    This is a really great nail look - wish I could do any form of nail art!

    Nicola:

    CurlandPearls | Bloglovin’

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouuuuu these are soo cute! I'm going to try these! But personally I think I might be going for colours that are the same but in different shades.

    LFA (lovefromangelic) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting technique and looks very cool! I'd love to give it a try :)

    Much love from Epp,

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried scalloped nails but I've always wanted to. I love the colours you've used but I totally agree with the commenter who would go for different shades of one colour 'cause I bet that would look great.

    Great post :)

    Rachel xo
    thelacquerobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete