Look, we have all been there. Father's Day or your dad's birthday is coming up, but you have absolutely no idea what to get him. He already has 50 ties and he doesn't golf, what else is there? I want to challenge you to do something different for your dad this year. Give him the gift of time with you. Here are a few fun ideas of activities to do with your dad.
1. Go geocaching. I just did this with friends last week, but I am sure it would be fun to do with your dad too!
2. Let him teach you something. Is your dad good at basketball or another sport? Set aside an hour to play that sport with him or have him teach you if you aren't good. Does he have a favorite card game? Learn to play it with him.
3. Go on a hike or bike ride. When you are side by side doing a physical activity, it is easy to talk and just have fun.
4. Take him out to dinner or ice cream. If he has a favorite place to eat, treat him to a meal or a snack there!
5. Go see a play or a movie. While you won't be able to bond much during it, afterwards on the car ride home you can discuss what you liked and disliked about what you saw.
6. Go see a game together. If your dad is a baseball (or any kind of sports fan) go see a game together! And if you can't find a way to get to a stadium or ballpark, just sit down in front of the t.v. together with a bowl or popcorn and watch it on there.
BONUS: Bake his favorite dessert. This you could do with him if he enjoys baking or you could do it without him. If he would rather sit on the sidelines while you bake, you can still chat and have fun!
What are you planning on doing on Father's Day? Tell me in the comments!