7.08.2014

How To Style A LBD In The Summer

 Today I have a really fun post that I did with my friend Sage a few days ago! She was so kind and offered to take a few outfit pictures for me with her camera. This is my first outfit post that was shot on a nice camera! I can tell a big difference in the quality, so I hope you guys like it! 

Before Sage and I went out, I asked her if she wanted to be part of my post too. So we decided to show how we style little black dresses in the summer months! Our personal styles are very different, so I was happy to be able to show you guys her style and I hope you will see more of Sage in the future!













 Fun fact: I got this necklace for under $2 and the bracelet was under $1!




Dress- Target || Shoes- MaddenGirl || Tote- Old Navy || Necklace- Loft || Bracelet- Joann's Fabrics || Ring- Gift ||














Dress- Forever 21 || Jacket- Forever 21 || Shoes- Shoe Carnival || Bag- Steve Madden || Ring- Old Navy

Here are a few tips to keep in mind when wearing a black dress in the summer:

1. Pair it with fun, colorful accessories like I did.
2. Pairing a denim jacket or vest immediately make it more summer appropriate.
3. Try adding a floral or fun scarf to add a bit of summer into your wardrobe.
4. Wear a fun manicure and pedicure with it to add a pop of color. 



Lastly, how cute was the place that we shot pictures at!? Afterwards we explored a bit and bought our first ever macarons! Another thing I can cross of my summer bucket list! To see more behind the scenes pictures, checkout my Instagram!

What is your favorite place to buy macarons? What is your favorite flavor? Have you ever attempted to make them? Share in the comments!

xo, Scarlett

Where I linked up at:  Summer Style Weekly Linkup || Look What I Got Linkup ||

32 comments:

  1. Your dress is adorable, and I love the way both of you styled them! Macarons are so yummy. I've only tried making them once, it was kind of a disaster, they were the ugliest things but they tasted pretty good!

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the denim jacket look. Denim is so versatile. I love it! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathalie Van HauweJuly 8, 2014 at 1:01 PM

    I love that necklace, it's so colorful and pretty! :) Please follow back :)

    shewearsprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and turquoise are so pretty together!
    www.theadoredlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both dresses are so cute!

    Haley
    haleyvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfits and I love the dress + necklace in the first one!

    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post. Love your ideas! :)


    xx
    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pop of color and the jean jacket pairing!

    from – The Lion's Den

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment, Christine! I am really glad that you liked these outfits!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Gaby! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I am really glad you like them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Haley! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, I agree! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Nathalie! I got it for under $2 so I love it even more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much! You're right, denim can be work so many different ways! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the sweet comment and the follow, Jelena! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much Rachel! I am glad you liked them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much Lyndsay! I want to try making them soon, but I have heard they are so hard!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. those wedges are so adorable! You both styled this very well :)

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  20. HappinessatmidlifeJuly 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM

    You can never go wrong with a LBD and what fun accessories. I think I must be one of the few people that's never had a macaroon, they just look so dry to me.


    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. we love the pops of colour with the turqoise accessories and sandals in the first outfit!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  22. All great tips! I know I can't give up my LBD for summer!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love love that necklace! Thanks for linking up last week!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Druzy Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much Haley!
    xo, Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree about the dress! About the macarons... they actually are not dry AT ALL. At least if you get good ones!
    xo, Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Adri! I agree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks so much Tara! xo

    ReplyDelete