We all have those certain days where we want to put our best foot forward. Maybe it is your first day of school and you want to look your best. Or perhaps it is picture day or you have an interview. Regardless of what the occasion is, there are a few things you can do to guarantee that you will look great!
2. Paint on a fresh coat of polish- I repaint my nails and toenails about once per week because there is nothing worse than looking down to see chipped ugly nails and feeling like I have to hide them. Even during the winter when I am wearing boots, I keep my toes nicely painted because I know if they are all chipped and ugly, and that is what matters!
3. Don't try a new face product- The worst thing that could happen is trying a new moisturizer or cleanser only to find out you are allergic to it or it breaks you out.
4. Don't get a drastic haircut- A simple trim is a good idea to get rid of your split ends. Make sure you trust your hairstylist not to chop off 6 inches!
5. Don't try dramatic makeup- If you normally just wear a little lip color, concealer, and mascara, stick with that! Save the bold makeup for playing around with at home and really special occasions such as prom.
6. Get your eyebrows done-Now believe me, this does NOT have to be drastic. Full, bold eyebrows are definitely in style, so just get rid of any tiny hairs outside the lines and you're golden!
7. Whiten your teeth- Believe me, you will be glad you did. Don't have time to get whitening strips or don't want to spend a lot of money? Just mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice and one tbsp on baking soda into a paste and apply it to your teeth with a napkin. Let it sit for 2 minutes, then rinse out your mouth. Do not brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes afterwards because of the lemon juice. This does not taste very good, but it does give quick results!
8. Find a lip color you love- This completely depends on the person. Some people feel most confident in a bright red lip. Others just lip a balm. Some like a nice rosy pink and others like coral. Just use whatever you already own and love! Do be aware that if you are getting your picture taken to choose a shade that you will be glad to see in the picture 5 years down the road!
What do you do to prepare for a special day? Leave your ideas in the comments!