Today I am beginning a new mini series called What's The Difference? It is geared towards those who are newer to fashion terms and similar things. I have found that some of my friends in real life don't know the difference between some simple things, such as gingham and plaid, so I wanted to do a few posts like this to help them and others out. I know some people will think it is way to obvious, but it could be a nice refresher for those who think they know what it is too!
The first one I chose to talk about is plaid vs. gingham. I hear so many people call anything close to plaid, such as gingham, plaid. Here are a few quick tips to help you understand the difference:
- Gingham is always white plus another color. It doesn't have lots of colors mixed in.
- On the other hand, plaid can be a mixture of many colors.
- The lines in gingham are the same size.
- Plaid has lots of different sized lines.
- Gingham is also a checkered pattern, but the checks are even-sized.
Now you know the difference! Next time you see someone wearing a gingham shirt, you will be able to tell them you like their gingham shirt, not plaid shirt!
Do you have any more tips? Is there any other topics you want me to tell the difference between in this series? Tell me in the comments below!