This week is a little bit different in regards to Trendy Talks. I am still doing an interview with another lovely blogger, but it is actually a joint interview! Hop on over to Jamie's blog and see what questions I answered for her post!
1. Where did the name The Fashion Newcomer come from? It actually came from The Style Rookie! My mom read an article on Tavi and that's sort of how I got the idea to start a website in the first place. I took the words Style Rookie and looked for synonymous/something I liked, and decided on The Fashion Newcomer. I figured that as a teen I am a bit of a "newcomer" to the whole fashion scene so I really liked that word as the overall descriptor of my website.
2. How many hours a week do you spend blogging?
Many! I don't have an exact count but I definitely spend a lot of time tending to my blog, whether that be writing posts, working on design, reaching out to other bloggers, or posting on social media. I love blogging because it is such a fun hobby that gives me a chance to have complete creative freedom, so I definitely don't mind spending a ton of time on it. If I'm procrastinating on homework, chances are I am working on my blog which makes me feel as if I am doing something productive (despite neglecting other major responsibilities).
3. What has your favorite blog collab been?
I recently did two super fun collaborations - one with Carrie of CarrieOn Blogs and the other with Neidelyn Pina of Get Up and Dress Up. Carrie and Neidelyn are both so sweet and it was just fun to work with them! Collaborating with other bloggers in general is super nice because I love getting to know more people in the blogging community.
4. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
This is so tough! If I had to choose, it would probably be by Tracy Reese coat from Anthropologie (I'm so obsessed that I did two blog posts on it!). It looks like something Blair would wear on Gossip Girl. It was a surprise find and a timeless piece that is colorful, yet still muted and great for both everyday wear and fancier occasions. I'm a big fan of outerwear in general - I hoard coats for the Fall/Winter!
5. What is your favorite fall fashion trend?
I love that it is finally acceptable to ease into a darker color palette. I know this isn't so much of an official trend, but definitely something I've noticed. I wear a lot of darker colors year round because they look better with my skin tone (I'm super pale!), so when Fall comes and everyone reverts to black/white/gray, I feel in my element!
6. What is your favorite fall scent?
Pumpkin anything. I know that's so generic but it is so true. Bath and Body works has a plethora of pumpkin-scented things and I want to buy everything!!
7. What is your favorite quote and why?
It is so tough to choose just one! Lately I've been super into quotes, as they are good reminders of your own potential. I really like "The greatest risk you can take in life is taking no risk at all." I am a very structured person and I have to remember that taking risks is sometimes the only way to get ahead and discover what you truly love!
8. If you could move to any place in the world today, where would you choose and why?
New York City. I live in Connecticut, which is super close, but living in the suburbs is not something I foresee doing forever! Living in New York City, like most other bloggers, is a life-long dream of mine - there are so many opportunities there!
9. If you could dye your hair any color for a day, which color would you choose?
Is it boring to say that I wouldn't? I personally think I wouldn't look good with another hair color - and I'm definitely not intrigued with the idea of dying my hair a bright color, even if it was for one day! I couldn't even commit to getting highlights in my hair because I was too scared that I wouldn't like it!
10. What is one thing you want to accomplish by 2015? (blogging, personal, or both!)
I want to hit 200 posts on The Fashion Newcomer, which is about 50 more posts. I also just want to ditch some of the negative relationships in my life so that I can enjoy my last bit of senior year! It's not worth it to be caught up in things that don't make you happy!
Thanks so much to Jamie for doing this interview! Also, if you want to see past Trendy Talks or if you want to be featured, click here!