I have followed Good Girl Gone Glam for at least a few months, but recently I have been loved her posts. When I asked her to be a part of Trendy Talks, it was the first time I had talked with her but she was so friendly! And can I just mention that when I sent the questions over she replied the same afternoon with her awesome answers. I don't know about you, but when someone replies that quick it is major bonus points in my book.
1. Where does the name of your blog come from? Good Girl Gone Glam was a name that was full of trial and error. I researched name ideas and I wanted it to be catchy. There were so many domain names that were already taken and the process became a little daunting. I was throwing around names with my husband and I just blurted this one out. I checked to see if the domain name was available and it was. I felt like it was meant to be.
2. Why did you begin a blog?
Good Girl Gone Glam was launched in January of 2014, after about a month and a half of behind the scenes preparation (and years of self doubt). I have always wanted to share my love for fashion with the universe, but the universe can be a scary place. I decided that 2014 was going to be the year of YOLO (you only live once) and I was ready to brace the unknown. Sometimes you just have to follow the dream in your head and cancel out all of the noise. I took a leap of faith and Good Girl Gone Glam was born!
3. What is your favorite post you have written?
My favorite post thus far was my 100th post. It is by far one of my favorite outfits and I took the photos in NYC. Just a great time!
4. How would you describe your style?
My personal style is non discriminatory. Although I do love high fashion, I like to dress more like the everyday girl. Items that are comfortable, figure flattering, and don’t cost a fortune are usually the ones I gravitate towards. I dress for how I am feeling that day and how I want my outfit to convey that, more than going for a specific look or style. I do follow fashion trends but I like to put my own spin on things. I guess the best way to describe that is fun, feminine, bold, and unpredictable.
5. What is your favorite store?
A few of my favorite places to shop are Zara, Forever 21, H&M, Target, Marshall’s, Anthropologie and J.Crew. I believe that when you are shopping for staple items such as blazer or a nice pair of jeans, you can spend a little more money because those pieces are ones that get the most wear. I usually will shop at Zara, Anthropologie, and J.Crew for those classic pieces. When it comes to trendy pieces, I cannot justify spending a lot of cash when I am not sure if it will be relevant the next season. I also like to get the most for my money since I shop often so that is when you will find me at F21, H&M, Target, or Marshall’s. There is a total method to my madness!
6. Is there one trend you just can't join in on?
I will try any trend once, but I can't jump on the Birkenstock trend although, I see they are going to be huge this spring/summer season.
7. What is your most worn color or pattern?
I wear all colors but I am totally addicted to stripes and animal prints. My wardrobe is full of them. I am always drawn to pieces with these patterns and are great on not just clothing, but accessories too!
8. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
I would love to go to Greece. That is the next place on my "to go" list. Italy is a place that I would go back to again and again and again.
9. What is one thing you want to accomplish in 2015?
My husband and I are expecting our first child at the end of May, so the thing I want to accomplish is being a first time mommy and keeping the blog afloat while I figure it all out!
10. How can we stay up to date with you?
You can find me anywhere!
A big thank you again to Marianne for being interviewed! Don't forget to checkout her links and show her some love!